- DMA 10–50 (Placement texts expire after five years)
- BIO 168
- ENG 111
- BIO 169
- PSY 150
TEAS V or ATI/TEAS
Scores must be within five years of application date.
- A 62% or greater on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V or ATI/TEAS) for the ADN program. All four sections of the TEAS must be completed.
- If testing occurred at a site other than ECC, test results are delivered to the College through official means by the agency that administered the test. Contact atitesting.com or (800) 667-7531.
- No more than two TEAS V or ATI/TEAS scores per fiscal year (July 1–June 30), at least 28 days apart, will be eligible.
- TEAS Test Review Guide
Age of BIO courses
Nursing applicants are encouraged to retake BIO courses if the courses are more than seven (7) years old.
An unencumbered license to practice as an LPN in North Carolina.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on Nursing curriculum general education courses that have been completed through Fall semester.
- The highest grade attained in general education courses is used in the GPA calculation for admission.
- An overall 2.0 GPA on all attempted courses at ECC is required.
The grades in all attempted general education course work will be used in the GPA calculation for ranking, including courses with grades below a C from any college.
Ranking Point Score
- Applicants to the ADN program who receive an overall TEAS score of 62% or greater are ranked based on a point score from their TEAS score, their BIO GPA, and quality points on all attempted general education course work in the curriculum.
- The Biology GPA carries greater weight in the point score than other general education courses.
Admission Steps for Associate Degree Nursing-Advanced Placement for LPN
Step I: Application process (Due February 1)
- Complete a Nursing Information Session prior to February 1.
- Submit all by February 1:
- An online ECC application for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Evidence of an unencumbered license to practice as an LPN in North Carolina.
- An ADN-Advanced Placement Program application at a Nursing Information Session (attendance required)
- TEAS V or ATI/TEAS score (s) to Student Services. If testing occurred at a site other than ECC test results are delivered to the College through official means by the agency that administered the test. Contact atitesting.com or (800) 667-7531.
Step II: Ranking (February 28)
- Eligible applicants are ranked according to their point score. The highest ranked applicants who have a 2.5 Admission GPA or greater will move to Step III.
- Depending on clinical space available in the ADN program, the highest (approximately 20) ranked applicants will move to Step III.
- Applicants who have a 2.5 Admissions GPA but do not have a point score high enough to move to Step III initially will remain at Step II and receive notification that they are on a waiting list (approximately three (3) weeks after letters of conditional acceptance letters go out to the top ranked applicants). Many applicants will give up their seat for a variety of reasons, which opens up seats for applicants on the waiting list.
Step III: Conditional Acceptance (March)
- The highest ranked applicants will receive a letter of conditional acceptance and a medical form.
- Accept or reject the seat in writing to the Nursing Admissions Counselor by the due date.
- Attend the mandatory Health Science Orientation
- Complete medical form, background check, and drug screen by the due dates
- Applicants must maintain a 2.5 admissions GPA or greater through spring term
Step IV: Final Acceptance
Applicants who meet the clinical agencies’ employee health standards, background and drug screen requirements will be notified of final acceptance. The cost of meeting these requirements can be significant and final acceptance is dependent on meeting the due dates listed in the conditional acceptance letter.
Other Admission Information
Students who plan to apply for a scholarship, loan or a Pell grant should check with Financial Aid to determine eligibility after applying for FAFSA.