Candidates for admission must be registered or registry-eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiography, radiation therapy or nuclear medicine technology. Nuclear medicine technology applicants may also be registered or registry eligible by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).
Regardless of the supporting imaging program, applicants who have completed a supporting imaging program must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on all program course work. Students enrolled in a supporting imaging program at the time of application must have a 2.5 GPA on all course work through the fall term of their final year. Program participants must show evidence of supporting program certification to receive their CT certificate.
Applicants applying for the spring–summer (January–June) term must submit all documents listed in Step I by October 1. Applicants applying for the summer–fall (July–December) term must submit all documents in Step I by March 1.
Send all documents to: Teresa Bottoms, 2009 W. Wilson St., Tarboro, NC 27886.
Step I: Application Process
- Online ECC application for admission
- Completed program application (CT) — Spring Application: Due October 1
- Applicant Information Form
- Official high school transcripts or equivalency
- Official transcripts of all prior college course work (current)
- Verification of ARRT/other registration (if applicable)
Step II: Ranking
Eligible applicants are ranked based on the categories listed on the “Applicant Points Explanation Sheet.” Eligibility is based on GPA and availability of all supporting documentation required in Step I.
Step III: Conditional Acceptance
Eligible applicants will receive a letter of conditional acceptance, a medical form, drug screen, background screen, and Healthcare Provider CPR instructions.
- Accept or reject the seat in writing to the CT/MRI Admissions Counselor.
- Complete the medical form, background, drug screen, and CPR requirements by the deadlines.
Step IV: Clinical Placement & Final Acceptance
Applicants who meet the clinical agency’s employee health standards, background and drug screen requirements will be notified of final acceptance.