SECU Foundation Awards Ten Scholarships
The State Employees Credit Union Foundation recently awarded ten scholarships to Continuing Education students at Edgecombe Community College.
In 2012, the SECU Foundation established a Continuing Education Scholarship Program to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to gain new and/or upgrade job-related skills.
Annually, the SECU Foundation provides a total of 580 scholarships – ten scholarships at $750 each to all 58 community colleges in North Carolina.
At Edgecombe Community College, the 2015-2016 SECU Foundation Scholarship recipients are:
- Denise Andrews, Nurse Aide I
- Marie Mason, Nurse Aide I
- Patricia McDermott, Nurse Aide II
- Cyla Myrick, Nurse Aide II
- Patrice Parker, Nurse Aide I
- Phyllis Richardson, Nurse Aide II
- Mandy Smith, Nurse Aide I
- Kiereny Speight, Nurse Aide II
- Rachel Wells, Nurse Aide I
- Shakelia Williams, Nurse Aide II
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be enrolled in a short-term training program that leads to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential.
“We are very grateful to the State Employees Credit Union Foundation for their support of our Continuing Education students,” says J. Lynn Cale, associate vice president of instruction at ECC. “Their assistance is invaluable in helping students reach their goals.”