SECU Foundation Awards Nine Scholarships at ECC
The State Employees Credit Union Foundation recently awarded nine scholarships to Continuing Education students at Edgecombe Community College.
Established in 2013, the SECU Foundation Continuing Education Scholarship Program focuses on assisting the needs of North Carolina’s unemployed and underemployed citizens, military veterans, and members of the state’s National Guard seeking short-term job training for new careers or retraining to advance current job skills.
At Edgecombe Community College, the 2018-2019 SECU Foundation Scholarship recipients are:
- Sharon Cannon – Nurse Aide I
- Zakiya Cofield – Nurse Aide I
- Rebekah Hagans – Nurse Aide I
- Mary Harris – Nurse Aide I
- Nour Kasem – Nurse Aide I
- Tabitha Mack – Nurse Aide I
- Maya McCray – Nurse Aide I
- Jessica Parker – Phlebotomy
- Briana Sumner – Phlebotomy
Annually, the SECU Foundation provides a total of 580 scholarships to all 58 community colleges in North Carolina.