Weekend Coordinator (Part-time)
Position: Part-time Weekend Coordinator – Tarboro Campus
The part-time weekend coordinator is expected to work 25-30 hours per week, with flexibility of work days needed depending on weekend course schedule. The coordinator will supervise the operation of the weekend programs (curriculum and continuing education) and work collaboratively with the Vice Presidents, deans, program chairs, and continuing education staff to ensure adequate coverage of classes and facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise all staff/faculty and work study students working on weekends.
- Work in conjunction with security officers as needed on the weekend to maintain a safe campus environment.
- Receive and secure money bags from Cosmetology and the bookstore, as needed.
- Assist to secure buildings on Friday, Saturday and Sunday after classes are scheduled to end.
- Assist in conducting class audits.
- Advise and register students as needed.
- Assist Administration in evaluating the total weekend program.
- Take appropriate action regarding student discipline and work collaboratively with the VP of Instruction and VP of Student Services
- Responsible for safety and security procedures during weekend hours.
- Activate emergency response system if needed.
- Work collaboratively with continuing education staff to ensure coverage/support is provided for all courses offered during evening/weekends. Perform other related duties as assigned by Vice Presidents for supervision of campus between the following times and days:
- Friday: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 7:30 am – 6:00pm
- Sunday: As needed
The hours on Saturday and Sunday may vary according to the continuing education schedule.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years supervisory experience.
Master’s Degree; 3 -5 years supervisory experience in an educational setting; training in safety and basic security practices; and Career Readiness Credential.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and photocopies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.