Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services/CFO
Position Available: January 2019
Salary Range: $80,000 – $108,000.00
Summary Description: Exercise administrative direction over the college’s financial and physical plant operations to include the planning, development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of business and fiscal programs, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct the management of all financial operations of the College; prepare records, financial analyses and provide appropriate controls and audits including the preparation of the College budgets with the President and other personnel designated by the President.
- Direct and review the management of the physical plant routinely in its operation and maintenance; assist the President in planning, design and construction decisions.
- Direct the management of college personnel programs and records.
- Direct the management of purchasing, bookstore and food service operations and fixed property control system.
- Direct the financial control of auxiliary enterprises and service departments.
- Direct the financial management of student aid and scholarships and review the collection, disbursement and required reports.
- Direct and review the authentication of College contracts, licenses and permits.
- Direct the administration of funds of federally sponsored programs and all other College accounts.
- Direct and coordinate the utility systems, safety and security programs, parking and communications for the College.
- Coordinate the facilities utilization and HEGIS reports for the College.
- Manage the College’s Long Range Master Plan, including construction and renovation projects.
- Direct and monitor the College’s investments.
- Direct the preparation of monthly reports for the President and the Board of Trustees; attend Board meetings.
- Direct the management of campus health and safety programs including the hazardous waste communications program, infectious/communicable disease program and Americans with Disability Act.
- Coordinate and review annual audits with various agencies and independent CPA groups as required and discuss suggestions and/or recommendations for procedural improvement.
- Provide an adequate insurance program for the physical plant and College owned vehicles and administer such programs as may be authorized for students, trustees, faculty and staff.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor’s degree in general administration, business, management or closely related field with 3-5 years of experience including increasing responsibility in finance and administration and supervisory experience. Ability to organize, manage, meet deadlines and to work cooperatively with faculty, staff, and students.
Master’s degree in business or accounting with 5-8 years of experience with increasing responsibility in finance and administration and significant supervisory experience. A strong background in facilities management and experience in education/administration preferred.
Application Deadline: Applications* will be accepted on the Tarboro Campus until the position is filled.
*Applications: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to
Susan Barkalow, Director of Human Resources
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from our website, or from the receptionist on either the Rocky Mount or Tarboro campus, or mailed upon request.