Simulation Technician (Part-time)
Responsible for the general operation of high technology patient simulators, lower technology task trainers, clinical equipment, and related multimedia peripherals used in the training of healthcare professionals from all specialties.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist faculty and other staff with planning and implementation of simulation instruction.
- Understand the use and operation of different simulator technologies ranging from partial task trainers to high fidelity patient simulators to virtual reality simulators.
- Interface with the equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and systems problems as well as periodic upgrades; maintain record of repairs.
- Perform required equipment maintenance and troubleshooting while actively maintaining proficiency in existing and emerging technologies.
- Assist in College recruiting activities and simulation demonstrations.
Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent; valid North Carolina healthcare credential (EMS, nursing); plus one year of teaching experience. A combination of teaching experience and simulation experience may be assessed in lieu of one year of teaching experience.
Preferred: Associate’s Degree in the healthcare field or equivalent; three years teaching experience and CDL license.
To Apply for This Position: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.