Library Technician (Part-time)
Will work afternoons and evenings on either campus library coordinating media services (AV equipment/materials); assisting in staffing the circulation desk and performing all circulation functions; performing basic computer troubleshooting; assisting with routine book maintenance, and providing other support services in concert with other LRC staff members.
Work collaboratively with the Librarian to serve as the College’s evening library technician, ensuring that the materials and services to promote learning through the academic programs of the College are available to patrons; providing reference service and performing other duties as required by the Director of Library Services.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the library resources in the library.
- Provide reference service for students and faculty.
- Perform all circulation functions in support of customer needs and oversee circulation procedures.
- Re-shelve materials and shelf-read library collection.
- Promote use of the library and its resources.
- Maintain proper environment for learning as sole representative of College.
- Perform basic computer troubleshooting.
- Provide reference services for students and faculty.
- Check out audio-visual equipment.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Associate degree and work experience in libraries or other customer service field.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and photocopies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.