Health Occupations Instructor
Position: Instructor – Health Occupations
Available: May 2019
Salary Range: $48,000 – $56,000
Work cooperatively with the Coordinator of Health Occupations to provide academic and clinical instruction for students enrolled in courses in the Health Occupations Program. This is a 12 month staff position.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide academic and clinical instruction necessary for students enrolled in Health Occupations courses.
- Teach in off-campus sites as needed.
- Evaluate and supervise students in both clinical and classroom settings.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum for Health Occupations courses.
- Maintain positive and non-discriminatory relationship with students.
- Maintain academic and clinic competencies.
- Assist with advising and registering Health Occupations students.
- Assist with ordering, stocking, and maintaining inventory for and maintenance of all Health Occupations labs, including NACES sites.
- Maintain certifications required by clinical sites: immunizations and CPR training; complete orientation and training required by each site.
- Accept and perform the mental and physical rigors involved in working in the health care field: standing for long periods of time, distinguishing between hot and cold sensations, lifting heavy objects, and possessing adequate visual acuity.
Registered Nurse with an unencumbered license to practice in NC; 2 years full-time work as RN; and experience supervising or teaching Nurse Aides.
BSN, teaching experience, and working in long-term care settings.
To Apply for This Position: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment* and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.