Education Navigator, Food and Nutrition Services (Part-time)
Position: Part-time Education Navigator, Food and Nutrition Services
The Food and Nutrition Services Employment & Training (FNS E&T) Education Navigator manages the FNS E&T program activities. This position will create and implement best practices for working with county Department of Social Services, developing targeted support and intervention to the FNS E&T program including, education case management, employment and training component assessment, funding resources, documentation, monitoring and recording of student progress. Part-time position up to 29 hours per week.
This is a grant funded, time limited position ending in September 2020.
- Work with social service organizations and/or collaborative programming teams.
- Work with students to delineate and achieve educational goals.
- Problem-solve using creativity and innovation to offer educational and training services.
- Conduct effective, sensitive dialogue with prospective and current students.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive written and computer records.
- Manage program budgets
- Prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment, work collaboratively with multiple team members and manage programs.
- Commit to diversity and fostering a climate of multicultural understanding and appreciation.
- Travel in NC for regional meetings.
A bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, social work or related field with one year of experience in student advising, academic counseling at the college level is required. Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills. Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills. The ability to generate documents and reports utilizing specific computer applications is required. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality, and make presentations to large audiences. Evening and weekend hours are required consistent with student need and meetings/conferences of the grant. Some overnight travel may be required to attend meetings or conferences.
Prior work experience in project management, internship management, student services,
job readiness training, job placement, and data collection.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and photocopies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.