Coordinator – Emergency Services and Public Safety Training
Division: Health Sciences and Public Safety
Reports To: Dean – Health Sciences and Public Safety
- Serve as the college’s liaison between Local, State and Federal Agencies and Representatives.
- Oversee relationships between Edgecombe Community College (ECC) and public safety agencies, emergency services departments, medical facilities, governing entities, and the community at large.
- Support the development, implementation and oversight of healthcare simulation, state credentialing, curriculum and continuing education programs within established Local, State and Federal guidelines.
The position includes day, evening and weekend instruction in traditional and hybrid learning environments to meet the demands of ECC’s clients. In addition, the position will require frequent travel in order to meet with Local, State and Federal representatives, and to attend Local, State and Federal agency meetings. Lastly, the position requires oversight over all aspects of EMS/Fire programs sponsored by Edgecombe Community College. As a result, this position requires open lines of communication with all stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions
The primary duties and responsibilities of the director as related to all aspects of the EMS/Fire programs include but are not limited to:
- managing the administration, organization, and supervision of each educational program
- leading the continuous quality review and improvement of each educational program;
- organizing long range planning and ongoing development of each program;
- creating systems and evaluating the effectiveness of each program, including instruction and personnel;
- collaborating with oversight personnel, such as the EMS Programs’ Medical Advisor;
- directing the orientation, training and supervision of all educational partners, including, vendors, testing proctors, in-house staff and faculty, clinical and field preceptors, and guest lecturers; and
- supervising the effectiveness and quality of responsibilities delegated to another qualified individual.
- The secondary duties and responsibilities of the director as related to all aspects of the programs include but are not limited to:
- managing Fire, EMS, Emergency Preparedness Technology and Healthcare Simulation programs, including, faculty and staff;
- attending trainings to maintain knowledge of Local, State, Federal and industry changes in Fire, EMS, Emergency Preparedness Technology and Healthcare Simulation;
- ensuring adherence to ordinances, policies and procedures set forth by governing bodies;
- maintaining a balanced budget, while ensuring that the programs’ personnel, equipment and supply needs are being met;
- overseeing maintenance and repair of the programs’ equipment;
- collecting and reporting data sets to industry, Local, State and Federal entities;
- instructing Emergency Services and Healthcare Simulation programs as necessary;
- supervising the creation and maintenance of ECC contracts, such as employment contracts, memorandum of understanding agreements, or public service agreements;
- developing and maintaining each program’s student/employee records and handbooks, policies, and procedures;
- participating and/or leading Local, State and Federal committees and initiatives;
- recruiting and retaining a robust student population through promotional and marketing efforts;
- assuring representation at Edgecombe County Fire and Rescue Association – Chief’s meetings and Edgecombe County Fire and Rescue Association meetings; and
- expanding skills and knowledge necessary to maintain the requirements of the position.
Bachelor’s degree, hold a Paramedic credential, and be in good standing, be a North Carolina Office of EMS Level II Instructor, have appropriate Emergency Services and Healthcare Simulation education, training and experience, and demonstrate relevant experience in Emergency Services education.
Master’s degree in a relevant field.
To Apply for This Position: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment* and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
A separate application is required for each job posting. Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.