Exercise advanced cognizance over multi-faceted accounting operations to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing, and supervising the operations of the business office; maintaining financial records, preparing payrolls, reconciling bank statements, preparing journal entries and a variety of related reports and analyses; assist the Vice President of Administrative Services as directed.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise the cashier, accounting technicians, staff accountant, purchasing and shipping/receiving to ensure the goals, objectives, and needs of the college are being met.
- Verify financial reports including, but not limited to, monthly reports, quarterly reports, fiscal year-end reports, calendar year-end reports, W-2s, 1098Ts, and 1099s processed by accounting staff and personnel staff.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as needed and authorized by the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services.
- Prepare and analyze year-end financial statements and other financial documents.
- Assist Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services with the administration of new construction and major renovation projects.
- Assist Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services in preparation and control of budgets.
- Provide Colleague training for financial reporting purposes to all employees as needed.
- Monitor cash balances in all funds and request cash certifications of State funds monthly.
- Draw down funds from the Department of Education Grants Management System (G5) as needed.
- Post budgets as directed by the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services.
- Review and approve all bank, accounts receivable, and grant reconciliations monthly.
- Provide oversight to internal control program (EAGLE).
- Assist Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services by evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and promoting professional growth and effective teamwork among business office staff.
- Assist auditors in ensuring sound fiscal controls.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in managing processes and staff, developing and tracking budgets, and preparing financial statements. Experience with internal controls and intermediate to advanced knowledge of using excel spreadsheets.
PREFERRED: Advanced degree in accounting or business with proven experience as a controller. Colleague and North Carolina Community College experience.
To Apply for This Position: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Application deadline: March 29, 2019