College and Career Readiness Instructor
POSITION: Instructor – College and Career Readiness
DIVISION: Division of Arts and Science
REPORTS TO: Director – College and Career Readiness
Provide instruction to ABE/GED/AHS students as well as those adults who need to improve their reading and mathematical skills; conduct student intake sessions and pre- and post-assessments.
Essential Job Functions
- Administer and evaluate placement tests to determine appropriate study plans for individual students; instruct students in the application and management of individually designed instructional programs that maximize optimum learning opportunities for each student.
- Develop instructional plans aligned with the NC Common Core Standard for each week of instruction within the semester.
- Instruct and tutor students providing individualized instruction in varying subject areas.
- Monitor and evaluate students.
- Provide students with moral support needed to obtain their goals.
- Complete and submit registration on a weekly basis.
- Meet all deadlines and complete all paperwork including student attendance, grades, and end of month reports.
- Evaluate and preview new study materials and remove old materials.
- Mentor new instructors in the proper development of objectives that align with NC Common Core Standards.
- Administer and score GED practice tests to determine when a student is prepared for each individual test.
- Recruit, register, and retain students for all department programs.
- Maintain student files of GED/AHS scores on data sheets and LEIS forms.
- Assist with yearly graduation exercises.
- Communicate effectively with and act as liaison to DPS staff.
- Assist with orientations to pre-test new students for placement in appropriate classes.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures governing the responsibilities, duties, and conduct of instructional staff.
- Perform other duties associated with your location/base as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a current or expired teacher licensure or the ability to obtain the NC Common Core Credential within 1 year.
Previous experience with the GradPoint Program; Prior experience teaching adults; Master’s Degree
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and photocopies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
A separate application is required for each job posting. Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.