College and Career Readiness Instructor (Part-time)
Available: August 2020
Provide instruction in alignment with the Adult Basic Education Program to address the needs of students in the areas of science, reading, writing, and social studies. This position is located at Rocky Mount OIC. Hours are Mon – Thurs, 9:00am – 11:30 am.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate placement tests to determine appropriate study plans for individual students; instruct students in the application and management of individually designed instructional programs that maximize optimum learning opportunities for each student.
- Develop instructional plans aligned with the NC Common Core Standard for each week of instruction within the semester.
- Instruct and tutor students providing individualized instruction in varying subject areas.
- Monitor and evaluate students.
- Provide students with moral support needed to obtain their goals.
- Complete and submit registration on a weekly basis.
- Meet all deadlines and complete all paperwork including student attendance, grades, and end of month reports.
- Maintain updated student data sheets and LEIS forms.
- Communicate effectively with community partners.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures governing the responsibilities, duties, and conduct of instructional staff.
- Perform other duties associated with your location/base as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree; current or expired teacher licensure or the ability to obtain the NC Common Core Credential within 1 year
Prior teaching experience; Master’s Degree
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as assigned by administration and supervision.
DATE OF REVISION: May 5, 2020
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and photocopies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.