Administrative Assistant II – Student Services
Available: January 2019
Summary Description: Provide students with general information concerning admissions process and courses available; establish and maintain student records and input data into computer; provide clerical assistance to staff; and assist students and direct them to the appropriate place to complete process.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Registrar with the receipt and processing of admission documents; including application, transcripts, and other College documents.
- Establish and maintain new students’ records, transcripts and correspondence.
- Answer telephone inquiries concerning school dates, events, and course offerings.
- Respond to routine personal inquiries or visits about curriculum programs and courses; refer to a counselor those inquiries of a more personal or specific nature.
- Provide clerical support to the Student Services staff.
- Assist with entering placement test scores into Colleague System.
- Build and update parameters for placement testing in Colleague System.
- Assist with communications management functions related to admissions in Colleague System.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM: Associate degree in Business or related field; at least 1 year working in customer service job with proven effective customer service skills; and proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer software.
PREFERRED: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; at least 3 years working in customer service job with proven effective customer service skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer software; Datatel experience; and Career readiness Credential.
To Apply for This Position: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment* and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
A separate application is required for each job posting. Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.