Administrative Assistant II – College Foundation (Part-time)
Position: Part-time Administrative Assistant II – College Foundation
Description: The Administrative Assistant will work directly with and provide support to the Edgecombe Community College Foundation’s Executive Director. General responsibilities include office management and clerical support. The position will involve interaction with Foundation donors consisting of individuals, businesses, and other organizations. This position will also involve providing assistance with Foundation events, such as fundraisers, award ceremonies, and recognition receptions. The Administrative Assistant must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Limited travel and light physical activity is required. Normal work hours are M-F, 25 hours per week.
- Answer phone calls and receive visitors in Foundation office.
- Maintain and update databases for reports and communications.
- Work with computer programs such as Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as various accounting programs (e.g. Quick Books, Raiser’s Edge)
- Record donations in proper database(s).
- Manage financial records including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage donor information.
- Manage email and other communications.
- Maintain office filing.
- Manage office supplies.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Manage and maintain calendar of appointments.
- Assist with preparation for Board meetings, including preparation of Board materials and notebooks.
- Assist with the preparation for and presentation of all Foundation functions, including fundraisers, luncheons, award presentations, recognition events, and outings.
- Manage ingoing and outgoing mail.
- Oversee monthly payroll “billing” for campus campaign(s).
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Exercise sound judgment and appropriate discretion.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work assigned as directed.
Associates degree or higher in related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of clerical and/or administrative assistant experience required. Must have ability to lift 10-20 lbs. and help pack and transport supplies and materials, assist with event set-up, and clean up afterwards. Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise sound judgment.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and accounting software. Familiarity with various social media platforms. Excellent writing and communication skills.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and photocopies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.