Making College More Affordable
Edgecombe Community College has joined the national call to increase the number of college-educated adults.
Beginning in Fall 2016, the College offered the EDGE Scholarship Program to qualified students for a fully-funded education for up to three years. Fall 2017 begins the second year of the new scholarship program that will end in May 2019.
Based on in-state tuition, the EDGE Scholarship Program provides a financial aid package which covers:
Recipients must be U.S. citizens. In order to receive the scholarship package and to remain supported by the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a 2016 or 2017 high school graduate of either Edgecombe County or Nash County with an unweighted high school grade point average of at least 2.6, or;
- Be a returning ECC student having graduated in 2016 from a high school in Edgecombe County or Nash County who has taken at least 12 college credit hours with a cumulative 2.6 grade point average;
- Submit both an ECC application for admission and completed ECC Scholarship application;
- Complete the FAFSA each calendar year and complete the verification process if selected;
- Be enrolled in a degree that is currently an approved program for financial aid;
- Be enrolled at Edgecombe Community College for at least 6 credit hours each semester;
- Register for no more than 21 credit hours per semester;
- Achieve a 2.6 GPA each semester scholarship is received;
- Be continuously enrolled at Edgecombe Community College after qualifying for the EDGE Scholarship, fall and spring semesters.
All students who qualify will receive financial assistance from the EDGE Scholarship Program. The deadline to apply for Fall semester 2017 is April 7, 2017. Applicants will be notified of acceptance beginning May 1, 2017. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
This ECC Scholarship application will be used to apply for the EDGE Scholarship Program. The completed packet must be received by mail (NOT postmarked by) no later than April 7, 2017.
- Completed ECC Scholarship Application Form
- Copy of ECC Admission Application confirmation page
- Most recent official high school and/or college transcript (in sealed envelope)
- Copy of confirmation page from fafsa.gov
Please mail directly to:
Michael Jordan, Vice President of Student Services
Edgecombe Community College
2009 W. Wilson Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Student Services Counselor
Office 104, McIntyre Building, Tarboro Campus
(252) 823-5166, ext. 331
Deadline is Friday, April 7, 2017