Financial Aid Advisor/FWS Coordinator
Office 128, Barnes Building, Rocky Mount Campus
(252) 823-5166, ext. 335
Edgecombe Community College student employment work-study program provides job opportunities for students with financial need, allowing thein to earn money to help pay educational expenses. The work-study program encourages positions in community services and work-related student’s program of study.
Although many students will qualify, a work-study award is not offered to all eligible students due to limited funding. The work-study program makes a conscious attempt to support the employment needs of all Edgecombe Community College students to the greatest level possible.
To meet eligibility requirements for the Federal Work-Study Program (FWS), students
- must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or be an eligible non-citizen (as determined by the FAFSA)
- must complete the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need as calculated by the FAFSA
- cannot default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant
- must be enrolled part-time in an eligible degree or diploma program during the fall/spring/summer semester according to the federal financial aid regulations
- must complete the federal Work-Study application
- are required to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Students with suspended or terminated financial aid are not eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program.
- Jobs and funding are limited, so apply early.
- Your total Work-Study award depends on
- When you apply
- Your level of financial need
- Your school’s funding level.
- Complete the Federal Work-Study application.
For additional information, visit Federal Student Aid (FSA).
- Financial Aid
- FWS Application
- Federal Student Aid (FSA)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Standards of Academic Progress (SAP)
The following forms may be requested from the Work-Study Coordinator. Please contact Patricia Pryor.
- FWS Performance Appraisal
- FWS Request Form
- Work-Study Packet (Forms)
- Discipline Notice