Financial Aid Advisor/FWS Coordinator
Office 128, Barnes Building, Rocky Mount Campus
Edgecombe Community College student employment work-study program provides job opportunities for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. The work-study program encourages positions in community services and work-related student’s program of study.
Although many students will qualify, a work-study award is not offered to all eligible students due to limited funding. The work-study program makes a conscious attempt to support the employment needs of all Edgecombe Community College students to the greatest level possible.
To meet eligibility requirements for the Federal Work-Study Program (FWS), students
- must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or be an eligible non-citizen (as determined by the FAFSA)
- must complete the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need as calculated by the FAFSA
- cannot default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant
- must be enrolled in an eligible program
- must complete the federal Work-Study application
- are required to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Students with suspended or terminated financial aid are not eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program.
- Jobs and funding are limited, so apply early.
- A student work-study award depends on
- When application is submitted
- Level of need
- College funding
- Complete the Federal Work-Study application.
The following forms may be requested from Financial Aid Advisor/Federal Work-Study Coordinator, Patricia Pryor.
- Performance Appraisal
- Request Form
- Work-Study Packet (Forms)
- Discipline Notice