Must be registry eligible or certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) to apply.
This program is taught in two sections
- Didactic/theory: 96 hours (RAD2100A)
- Clinical: 104 hours (RAD2100B)
RAD2100A consists of four mandatory seated class days and an online module approach that will be utilized to complete the didactic/theory course work.
Registration for the Mammography program is by application. This course is designed to provide the education and clinical experience for post-primary practice in Mammography. Core topics include the mammogram technologist’s scope of practice, testing the quality of the equipment and film development, using the proper technique to position the breast and special procedures, digital mammography, and the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA). Upon successful completion, students may be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist post-primary certification in Mammography.
Students will be registered for the class on first-come first-serves basis depending on course availability. Email Donna Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rick Mastman, email@example.com, to apply and complete requirements for the course and to receive information. Classes should be paid for at the time of registration unless the student is applying for a scholarship. See the registration requirements below and collect required information prior to planning to register.
Tuition and Fees
- Approximate program cost is $600
- Fees that must be paid at time of registration include tuition for each course and malpractice ($368.50). This does not include textbooks, immunization costs, uniforms, criminal background checks, and drug screens.
- Texts are available for purchase in the bookstore on either campus.
- Uniforms will be discussed in class.
- Copy of valid driver’s license and ARRT certification card
- Tdap less than 10 years
- 2-step PPD
- Hepatitis B started or positive titer
- Varicella Titer or two varicella vaccines
- Flu vaccine
- Criminal background checks are a clinical facility requirement*
- The criminal background process and deadlines will be provided at the application meeting
- In most instances, a drug screen* will be required, information will be provided as needed
*Student must use ECC’s contracted vendor for background checks and drug screens.