Basics of Tire Manufacturing is a 24-hour introductory course that meets three days a week for two weeks and is designed to prepare individuals for entry level jobs at a tire manufacturing facility. The course provides the student with the basic technical knowledge needed for tire manufacturing processes. Topics include safety, quality, math and measurement systems, teamwork and communications, and tire manufacturing processes.
- Morning sessions meet 8 a.m.-noon. Evening sessions meet 6-10 p.m.
- Classes are held on the Rocky Mount campus of Edgecombe Community College.
- Registration fee is $70.
- Register at least 3 business days before the class begins. Class size is limited to 15 students.
|February 12-21, 2019||Rocky Mount, Barnes 203|
|April 9-18, 2019||Rocky Mount, Barnes 203|
|June 11-20, 2019||Rocky Mount, Barnes 203|
Bridgestone Employment Requirements
- Successful completion of the Introduction to Tire Manufacturing course;
- Successful completion of the Basic Skills Test held at Bridgestone;
- Complete and pass a criminal background and employment reference check;
- Pass drug screening.
* Bridgestone will reimburse you the cost of the class if you are hired.
Director – Customized Training, Manufacturing, & Industrial Programs
Office 161, Fleming Building, Tarboro Campus
(252) 823-5166, ext. 197