Basics of Tire Manufacturing is a 24-hour introductory course that meets three days a week for two weeks and is designed to prepare individuals for entry level jobs at a tire manufacturing facility. The course provides the student with the basic technical knowledge needed for tire manufacturing processes. Topics include safety, quality, math and measurement systems, teamwork and communications, and tire manufacturing processes.
This tire manufacturing course is a pre-hire course for those seeking employment at the Bridgestone Firestone plant in Wilson. While it is not a guarantee of employment, many applicants are required to complete this course in order to be considered for hiring.
- Classes meet on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, for two weeks.
- Classes are held on the Rocky Mount campus of Edgecombe Community College.
- Registration fee is $70.
- Register at least 3 business days before the class begins. Class size is limited to 15 students.
|October 6 – 8, 13 – 15||8 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Rocky Mount campus|
Bridgestone Employment Requirements
- Successful completion of the Introduction to Tire Manufacturing course;
- Successful completion of the Basic Skills Test held at Bridgestone;
- Complete and pass a criminal background and employment reference check;
- Pass drug screening.
* Bridgestone will reimburse you the cost of the class if you are hired.
Director of Customized Training
Office 129, Center for Innovation, Tarboro Campus