Lean 6σ Green Belt with SigmaXL®
The North Carolina Community College System and the Zeis Textile Education for Economic Development Center at North Carolina State University have partnered to create the State of NC Lean Six Sigma Training and Certification Program. Together we provide Lean Six Sigma training and certification for workforce and economic development.
What you will learn
- How organizations benefit from Six Sigma
- The Green Belt’s role and responsibilities in Lean Six Sigma efforts
- How to collect and analyze data
- The DMAIC project-oriented improvement method
- Basic statistical tools including graphical methods and inferential statistics
- Tools for continuous improvement and project management such as project charters, FMEA, cause and effect diagrams, flow charts, value stream mapping, and control charts
- How to use SigmaXL® as a statistical tool in conjunction with Lean Six Sigma
Who should attend
- Data analysts
- Problem solvers
- Project team members
- This course is taught in 8 one-day sessions, including the final exam.
- This course uses SigmaXL® software for statistical analysis of data (Note: The SigmaXL® software is provided in the classroom and is available for individual purchase at a student discount).
- Successful completion of an approved Lean Six Sigma project is required for certification. Trainees are encouraged to have a Lean Six Sigma project in mind prior to attending class.
- Cost (including books): $745 per student. An additional $100 fee is required for certification, payable to NC State University upon completion of the project.
- Classes meet February 6–March 27, on Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Classes are held in Room 262, Fleming Building, on the Tarboro campus of Edgecombe Community College.
Director of Customized Training
Office 161, Fleming Building, Tarboro Campus
(252) 823-5166, ext. 197