Lean 6σ +2 upgrade to Black Belt with Minitab
The North Carolina Community College System and the Zeis Textile Education for Economic Development Center at North Carolina State University have partnered to create the State of NC Lean Six Sigma Training and Certification Program. Together we provide Lean Six Sigma training and certification for workforce and economic development.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are some of the most sought after professionals in today’s job market. With the +2 Upgrade to Black Belt, we can remove the overlap between traditional Green Belt and Black Belt training, focus on the advanced problem-solving tools used by Black Belts, and give those who have already received Green Belt training a cost-effective and time-saving alternative.
What you will learn
- The DMAIC problem solving method
- The Black Belt’s role and responsibility in promoting and leading Lean Six Sigma efforts
- Fundamental and advanced tools needed to complete a Lean Six Sigma project
- Change management
- Advanced statistical tools
- Design of Experiments
- This course is taught in 11 one-day sessions.
- This course uses Minitab® software for statistical analysis of data (Note: The Minitab® software is provided in the classroom and is available for individual purchase at a student discount).
- Trainees are encouraged to have a Lean Six Sigma project in mind prior to attending class. Completion of a lean six sigma project is required for certification.
- Classes meet September 13–November 8, on Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Cost of the course (including books): $730 per student, plus $200 for certification
Director of Customized Training
Office 161, Fleming Building, Tarboro Campus