Edgecombe Community College will be the “preferred choice” for quality education and training.
Edgecombe Community College is a comprehensive two-year institution dedicated to fulfilling the educational, training, and cultural needs of the communities it serves.
GOAL I – To provide a comprehensive range of educational opportunities, quality training, and educational access to all eligible adults in the College’s service area.
- Provide a broad range of Associate Degree, Diploma, and Certificate Programs.
- Provide a broad range of Continuing Education programs.
- Provide a blend of traditional, hybrid, and distance learning opportunities enabling students to meet their educational goals.
- Provide support services to assist students in meeting their educational needs and goals.
- Improve cooperative relationships with public and private schools, colleges, and universities.
- Stimulate and support economic growth in the Service Area through education, training, and retraining of its citizens.
GOAL II – To provide workforce development opportunities and cutting-edge technology training.
- Maximize workforce preparedness by fostering new collaborative partnerships.
- Assist economic development efforts by partnering in the recruitment of and training for new industry.
- Provide training leading to nationally recognized certifications.
GOAL III – To ensure measurable quality of services and outcomes throughout the College.
- Evaluate and ensure quality instructional services.
- Employ, retain, and support highly qualified personnel with diverse backgrounds.
- Provide efficient and effective facilities, equipment, resources, services, and learning environments.
- Ensure, through a planned process, the College has clearly identified priorities, strategies for achieving goals and sustaining progress, and a means for evaluating their effectiveness.
- Employ effective leadership and sound management practices.
- Allocate funding equitably to meet these goals.
GOAL IV – To promote global and cultural awareness in our community.
- Provide community service activities and programs.
- Encourage study abroad programs and foreign exchange opportunities.
- Recruit, retain, and support students with diverse backgrounds.
- Raise community awareness of global issues including social equity by providing new learning opportunities and resources.
- Inspire the community, staff, and students to be responsible environmental stewards by modeling and advancing the principles of sustainability.