2. Use License
Your continued access to this website grants you permission to download temporarily one copy of the materials on the website for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on its website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
Edgecombe Community College does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, privacy protection, or reliability of the use of the materials on the website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to the website.
To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall Edgecombe Community College be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages, including special or consequential, for loss of data or profit, breach of privacy, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the website, even if Edgecombe Community College or a Edgecombe Community College authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Edgecombe Community College does not warrant that any of the materials on the website are accurate, complete, or current. Edgecombe Community College may make changes to the materials contained on the website at any time without notice. Edgecombe Community College does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
By including any link to a third party website, Edgecombe Community College does not imply that it has reviewed all of the sites linked to the website and is not responsible for the content, privacy policies, accessibility, or practices of any such linked third party website. By including any link, Edgecombe Community College does not imply endorsement of the linked third party website. You assume the risk of using any such linked third party website, and you further acknowledge and agree that Edgecombe Community College shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, or goods or services, available on or through any such third party websites.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the website shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Waiver and Severability
Your privacy is very important to us. The following describes how Edgecombe Community College may collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
- Personal information may be protected by FERPA, and users should consult the Edgecombe Community College policy related to FERPA for more information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
11. Entire agreement
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Last updated: June 9, 2016