Career Counseling assists students with the career exploration process, assessing skills and interests, exploring information about majors and subsequent jobs, analyzing resumes, and developing interviewing skills. Students are encouraged to talk with the career counselor to explore their interests and career options. The career counselor also has a career library in their office with many resources to assist a student’s career search.
If you wish to speak with the career counselor about career plans, please make an appointment by contacting:
Patricia Barfield, Career Counselor/Recruiter
McIntyre 173, Tarboro Campus
(252) 823-5166 x277
Students may visit the ECC Library to view career information. Ask an ECC librarian to point out the career section.
Students may also visit the helpful Web sites below to complete self-assessments; to view career information, labor statistics, and wages; and to obtain job search assistance.
Helpful Web Sites
- The State Occupational Information Coordinating Committee for NC (SOICC) – www.ncsoicc.org
- The Employment Security Commission of North Carolina – www.ncesc.com
- O*NET OnLine – http://online.onetcenter.org
- NC Careers: Education and Training – www.nccareers.org
- Career One-Stop – http://www.careeronestop.org
- NC JobLink Career Centers