Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
-- Brundtland Commission of the United Nations
The ability to achieve continuing economic prosperity while protecting the natural systems of the planet and providing a high quality of life for its people.
-- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
The Sustainability Initiative at Edgecombe Community College is part of the NCCCS Code Green Initiative whose goals include promoting an environmental commitment at each of the 58 community college campuses across North Carolina by providing sustainable education and training, establishing sustainable campuses, and promoting sustainable communities, municipalities, and businesses.
- George Anderson, Sustainability Coordinator (Chairman)
- Lynn Cale, Associate Vice President of Instruction
- Don Caudle, Plant Superintendant
- Dr. Randi Dikeman, Dean, Corporate and Community Development
- Tamara Frank-Pourvady, Coordinator, Curriculum Learning Center/Professional Tutor
- Dr. Stan Garren, Dean of Business and Technologies
- Carla Gray, Instructor, Health Information Technology
- Charlie Harrell, Vice President of Administrative Services (ex officio)
- Sheila Hoskins, Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Francine Long, Instructor, Mathematics
- Dr. Kristi Snuggs, Vice President of Instruction
- Troy Winstead, Instructor, Basic Skills