Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
-- Brundtland Commission of the United Nations
The ability to achieve continuing economic prosperity while protecting the natural systems of the planet and providing a high quality of life for its people.
-- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
The Sustainability Initiative at Edgecombe Community College is part of the NCCCS Code Green Initiative whose goals include promoting an environmental commitment at each of the 58 community college campuses across North Carolina by providing sustainable education and training, establishing sustainable campuses, and promoting sustainable communities, municipalities, and businesses.
- George Anderson, Sustainability Coordinator (Chairman)
- Lynn Cale, Associate Vice President of Instruction
- Tamara Frank-Pourvady, Coordinator, Curriculum Learning Center/Professional Tutor
- Charlie Harrell, Vice President of Administrative Services (ex officio)
- Sheila Hoskins, Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Francine Long, Instructor, Mathematics
- Freddy Whitley, Plant Superintendent