Position: Online Content Manager (Full-Time)
Available: August 1, 2014
Description: This is a full-time position on the Tarboro Campus. The Online Content Manager designs, develops, and maintains the College's web and social media presence; provides technical expertise, training, and support for web-based technologies to college faculty, staff, and administration.
Qualifications: MINIMUM - AAS degree in Information Technology/Systems, Web Development, Internet Marketing, or equivalent; experience developing and maintaining web and social media presences; and documented proficiency in the following skill sets:
- HTML5, CSS, and Content Management Systems (Joomla!, Drupal, etc)
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Graphics software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- FTP, DNS, and TCP/IP, to include basic troubleshooting skills
- Web server administration and file system maintenance (Windows, Linux, lIS, Apache, cPanel, Plesk, etc)
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat, including the creation of fillable PDF forms
- Excellent written communication and copy editing skills in standard American English
PREFERRED - In addition to the skills sets listed above, a Bachelors degree in Information Technology/Systems, Web Development, Internet Marketing, or equivalent; at least 3 years experience managing the web presence of a professional organization; at least 3 years experience managing the social media presence of a professional organization; proven effective interpersonal skills; and the Career Readiness Credential.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and copies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to
Janice B. Tolson, Director of Human Resources
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
Applications may be obtained from the campus receptionist in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our website.
Qualified persons who have submitted an application for any position within the last 12 months must post or deliver (no email or fax) a letter requesting their applications be pulled from the files to be considered for this position.
Faxed or e-mailed applications are not accepted.