On Friday, September 13, 2013, at 4:00 PM, ECC's employee email system will be moving from GroupWise to Gmail.
What does this mean?
- You’ll begin to receive all new email in Gmail by 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Your mailbox may not be completely current until Monday morning. If you think something is missing, do not panic!
- All email dating back to January 1, 2003 will be moved to your new Gmail account. Any e-mails older than that will not come over.
- Your address book (contacts), cabinet, folders, etc. will be moved to your new Gmail account.
- You will not lose access to GroupWise, but you will not receive any new mail there.
- Your email address (email@example.com) will not change.
How do I login to my new Gmail account?
- Go to: gmail.edgecombe.edu. (You may want to memorize this address.)
- Enter your username only. (Ex. employee Thomas Jefferson would enter jeffersont.)
- Enter the new password that you use for your PC, Datatel WebAdvisor, Moodle, EdgeID, etc.
How do I login to my old GroupWise account?
- Go to: gw.edgecombe.edu. (You may want to memorize this address.)
- Enter your username.
- Enter your old password that you used for GroupWise.
- You can also find the link to GroupWise on the Faculty & Staff page of the website. It will remain here as long as the GroupWise server remains active.
Will this page be here forever?
- No. Eventually, when you click on the employee email logo on the college website, you will be carried directly to the Gmail login page.
What if I have problems?