North Carolina’s Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) is designed to meet the needs of both employers and job seekers in this transitioning economy.
For employers, the CRC offers a reliable means of determining whether a potential employee has the necessary literacy, numeracy and problem solving skills to be “job ready.”
For job seekers, the CRC serves as a portable credential that can be more meaningful to employers than a high school degree or a resume citing experience in a different job setting.
The CRC is based upon WorkKeys, a nationally recognized, skills assessment tool developed by ACT Inc.
- from the North Carolina Career Readiness Certification web site - see www.crcnc.org for more information
Students enrolled in curriculum classes at Edgecombe Community College who desire to improve their skills in one or more WorkKeys skill areas may contact the Curriculum Learning Center tutors for access to the online course material for WorkKeys. For the Tarboro campus CLC, dial 252-823-5166 x285. For the Rocky Mount campus CLC, dial 252-823-5166 x311.
North Carolina's Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Certifies core employability skills required across multiple industries and occupations
- Is a portable credential that promotes career development and skill attainment for the individual
- Confirms to employers that an individual possesses basic workplace skills in reading for information, applied math, and locating information and is capable of learning job-specific skills
- Is an Economic and Workforce Development tool that transcends all populations and occupations
- Is a Multi-Level Approach: Bronze, Silver, and Gold Level Certificates
- Bronze Level - core employability skills for approximately 30% of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys in these skill areas
- Silver Level - core employability skills for approximately 65% of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys in these skill areas
- Gold Level - core employability skills for approximately 90% of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys in these skill areas
- Is earned by the individual by assessing with WorkKeys in reading, applied math, and locating information
- Is administered by local community colleges and JobLink Career centers
- WorkKeys Solutions Providers (locations in the US offering WorkKeys assessments)
Additional information (brochures) about the WorkKeys skills assessment tool:
For more information, contact:
(252) 823-5166 ext.166
(252) 823-5166 ext. 293
Corporate and Community Development
Edgecombe Community College
2009 W. Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886