Phlebotomy Training provides theory and clinical experiences needed for the proper collection of blood and other specimens used for
diagnostic testing. Emphasis is placed on ethics, legalities, medical terminology, safety, and universal precautions, health care delivery
systems, patient relations, anatomy and physiology, and specimen collection. Upon completion, students should be able to safely perform
procedures necessary for specimen collections on patients in various health care settings and may be eligible for national certification as
Registration for Phlebotomy Training is by completed application process only. Each class is limited to ten (10) students who will be placed
in their desired class on a first come, first served basis when the completed application is reviewed and payment is made.
Students may register on the Tarboro campus or Rocky Mount campus in the continuing education department. Application and
registration should occur prior to the first day of class.
Health information must be approved prior to being considered a candidate for a class.
A Career Readiness Certificate with appropriate scores is required prior to application. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy and
completion and the student will be registered for a class based on availability. Classes must be paid for at the time of registration.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The fee for Phlebotomy is $183.50 (subject to change). This includes tuition and required malpractice insurance. This does not include
texts, uniforms, or criminal background check and drug screen expenses. Background checks, drug screens, and uniforms will be discussed
during class orientation.
Requirements for the course include:
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) with minimum scores as follows:
- Applied Math = 3
- Locating Information = 4
- Reading for Information = 4
- Completed and signed application
- Copy of photo ID (ex. driver’s license)
- Copy of social security card (names on both forms of identification must match)
- High School transcript or GED
- Required immunizations:
- Tdap less than 10 years ago
- 2-step PPD
- 2 MMRs
- Hepatitis B started or positive titer
- Varicella Titer or two varicella vaccines
- Flu vaccine
- Pass a Criminal Background Check prior to attending clinicals
- In most instances, a drug screen will also be required
Application and registration is by appointment only with:
(252) 446-0436 x322