The Nursing Assistant Training II (NATII) course prepares graduates to perform more complex skills for patients or residents regardless of the setting. A skill/competency evaluation is required for documenting student competency. The course includes class, laboratory, and clinical learning experiences. Upon satisfactory completion of the course and skill/competency evaluation, the graduate will be verified online and become eligible to apply for listing as a Nurse Aide II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide Registry. Student application must occur within 30 days of verification, or verification will become invalid.
Registration for Nurse Assistant Training II (NATII) is by completed application process only. Students who will be registered for their desired class on a first come, first served basis upon completion of course requirements and payment.
Students may register on the Tarboro campus or Rocky Mount campus in the continuing education department. Application and registration should occur prior to the first day of class.
A Career Readiness Certificate is required prior to application. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy and completion and the student will be registered for a class based on availability.
The fee for NATII is $188.50 (subject to change). This includes tuition and required malpractice insurance. This does not include texts, uniforms, or criminal background check and drug screen expenses. Uniforms will be discussed in class. Background check and drug screen information will be provided at time of registration.
Requirements for the course include:
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) with minimum scores as follows:
- Applied Math = 3
- Locating Information = 4
- Reading for Information = 4
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform clinical responsibilities
- Completed and signed application
- Copy of photo ID (ex. driver’s license)
- Copy of social security card (names on both forms of identification must match)
- A high school diploma or GED
- Required immunizations:
- Tdap less than 10 years ago
- 2-step PPD
- 2 MMRs
- Hepatitis B started or positive titer
- Varicella Titer or two varicella vaccines
- Flu vaccine
- Active registration on the NC Nursing Assistant Registry
- Criminal Background Check* by third day of class
- In most instances, a drug screen* will also be required. Drug screen information will be provided within the first month of class.
Application and registration is by appointment with:
(252) 823-5166 x322