The Nursing Assistant Training II (NATII) course prepares graduates to perform more complex skills for patients or residents regardless of the setting. A skill/competency evaluation is required for documenting student competency. The course includes class, laboratory, and clinical learning experiences. Upon satisfactory completion of the course and skill/competency evaluation, the graduate is eligible to apply for listing as a Nurse Aide II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide Registry. In all employment settings, the listed Nursing Assistant II will work under the direction and supervision of licensed personnel.
Registration for Nurse Assistant Training II (NATII) is by completed application process only. Each class is limited to ten (10) students who will be placed in their desired class on a first come, first served basis when the completed application is received, reviewed, and payment is made.
Students may register on the Tarboro campus or Rocky Mount campus in the continuing education department. Application and registration should occur prior to the first day of class.
Health information for NAII must be approved prior to being considered a candidate for a class.
A Career Readiness Certificate with appropriate scores is required prior to application. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy and completion and the student will be registered for a class based on availability. Classes must be paid for at the time of registration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The fee for NATII is $183.50 (subject to change). This includes tuition and required malpractice insurance. This does not include texts, uniforms, or criminal background check and drug screen expenses. Background checks, drug screens, and uniforms will be discussed during class orientation.
Requirements for the course include:
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) with minimum scores as follows:
- Applied Math = 3
- Locating Information = 4
- Reading for Information = 4
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform clinical responsibilities
- Completed and signed application
- Copy of photo ID (ex. driver’s license)
- Copy of social security card (names on both forms of identification must match)
- A high school diploma or GED
- Required immunizations:
- Tdap less than 10 years ago
- 2-step PPD
- 2 MMRs
- Hepatitis B started or positive titer
- Varicella Titer or two varicella vaccines
- Flu vaccine
- Active registration on the NC Nursing Assistant Registry
- Pass a Criminal Background Check prior to attending clinicals
- In most instances, a drug screen will also be required
Application and registration is by appointment only with:
(252) 446-0436 x322