Nurse Assistant Training I prepares students to perform basic nursing skills for patients/residents, regardless of the setting. Training includes theory, proficiency training, and clinical experience. Health Care Provider CPR and employability training is included in this course.
Registration for Nurse Assistant Training I (NATI) is by completed application process. Students will be registered for their desired classes on a first come, first served basis upon completion of course requirements and payment.
Students may register on the Tarboro campus or Rocky Mount campus in the continuing education department. Application and registration should occur prior to the first day of class.
A Career Readiness Certificate is required prior to application. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy and completion and the student will be registered for a class based on availability.
The fee for NATI is $188.50 (subject to change). This includes tuition and required malpractice insurance. This does not include texts, uniforms, or criminal background check and drug screen expenses.
Requirements for the course include:
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) with minimum scores as follows:
- Applied Math = 3
- Locating Information = 4
- Reading for Information = 4
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform clinical responsibilities
- Completed and signed application
- Copy of photo ID (ex. driver’s license)
- Copy of social security card (names on both forms of identification must match)
- Negative PPD (must remain current through duration of clinical)
- A background check and/or drug screen may be required prior to attending clinical
Nurse Aide Hybrid Courses
Student must show proof of C or better in an online or hybrid course within the last 3 years or have passed CIS 110, CIS 111, or CIS 113, and must be eligible for ENG 111 (completed DRE 098 or DRE 099, or sufficient placement scores).
High school student may submit verification of satisfactory completion of a computer course, online, or hybrid course in high school.
Application and registration is by appointment with:
(252) 823-5166 x322