Nurse Assistant Training I prepares students to perform basic nursing skills for patients/residents, regardless of the setting. Training includes theory, proficiency training, and clinical experience. Health Care Provider CPR and employability training is included in this course.
Registration for Nurse Assistant Training I (NATI) is by completed application process only. Each class is limited to twelve (12) students who will be placed in their desired classes on a first come, first served basis when the completed application is received, reviewed, and payment is made.
Students may register on the Tarboro campus or Rocky Mount campus in the continuing education department. Application and registration should occur prior to the first day of class.
A Career Readiness Certificate with appropriate scores is required prior to application. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy and completion and the student will be registered for a class based on availability. Classes must be paid for at the time of registration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The fee for NATI is $183.50 (subject to change). This includes tuition and required malpractice insurance. This does not include texts, uniforms, or criminal background check and drug screen expenses.
Requirements for the course include:
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) with minimum scores as follows:
- Applied Math = 3
- Locating Information = 4
- Reading for Information = 4
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform clinical responsibilities
- Completed and signed application
- Copy of photo ID (ex. driver’s license)
- Copy of social security card (names on both forms of identification must match)
- Negative PPD (must remain current through duration of clinical)
- A background check and/or drug screen may be required prior to attending clinical
Nurse Aide Hybrid Courses
Student must show proof of C or better in an online or hybrid course within the last 3 years or have passed CIS 110, CIS 111, or CIS 113, and must be eligible for ENG 111 (completed RED 090 and ENG 090, or sufficient placement scores).
Application and registration is by appointment only with:
(252) 446-0436 x322