Medication Aide Training (PHM 4100) is designed to meet the training requirements to become a Medication Aide. The course will cover the six rights of medication administration for non-licensed personnel. Topics include medication via the oral, topical, and instillation routes. Medical asepsis, hand hygiene, terminology, and legal implications will be covered. Upon successful completion, students will be eligible to take the state competency exam
Program Specific Requirements
- One of the academic admission requirements listed in the general information.
- Written documentation of high school diploma, official transcript, or equivalency.
- Photo ID (government issued, North Carolina, current).
- Social Security Card or Government issued work visa (signed, cannot be laminated, must be physically intact).
*The college does not keep copies of the two forms of ID. They only need to be verified by ECC staff and documented that first and last names match exactly.
Tuition & Fees
- Additional costs for textbooks, supplies, and/or other items may be needed to participate in class
- Books are available in the bookstores and are needed the first day of class
*Students who successfully complete this class and the NACES Medication Aide Competency will be eligible to work in Long Term Care Skilled Nursing Facilities if they are on the NAI registry. Students completing the class who are not on the NAI registry may find jobs in other available health care settings.
(252) 823-5166, ext. 293
(252) 823-5166, ext. 223