Coming Spring 2013!
The Mammography course provides education and clinical experience for post-primary practice in Mammography. Core topics include the mammographer’s scope of practice, testing quality of equipment and film development, using proper positioning techniques and special procedures, digital mammography, and the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA). Upon completion, students may be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist post-primary certification in mammography.
Registration for the Mammography course is by completed application only. Classes are capped based on assigned classrooms and clinical sites. Students will be placed in their desired class on a first come, first served basis, once the completed application is received, reviewed, and payment is made.
Students may register on the Tarboro campus or Rocky Mount campus in the continuing education department. Application and registration should occur prior to the first day of class. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy and completion and the student will be registered for a class based on availability. Classes must be paid for at the time of registration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The fee for the Mammography course is $183.50 (subject to change). This includes tuition and required malpractice insurance. This does not include texts, uniforms, or criminal background checks and drug screens. Texts are available for purchase in the bookstore on either campus. Uniforms will be discussed in class.
Please bring all of the items listed below in order to initiate the registration process.
Requirements for the course include:
- Completed and signed application
- Proof of active radiologic technologists’ certification (RT)
- Proof of registration (ARRT) in one of the following; (R), (T), or (NM)
- AHA BLS current certification
- Copy of transcript from accredited radiography, radiation therapy or nuclear medicine program
- Required immunizations:
- Tdap less than 10 years ago
- 2-step PPD
- 2 MMRs
- Hepatitis B started or positive titer
- Varicella Titer or two varicella vaccines
- Flu vaccine
- Pass a Criminal Background Check and drug screen prior to attending clinicals
Application and registration is by appointment only with:
(252) 446-0436 x322