Registration for Geriatric Aide Training is by application process. Geriatric Aide Training provides advanced training for the Nurse Aide I. The course focuses on geriatric care with an emphasis on person-centered care concepts, hydration, nutrition, mental health, dementia, behavioral challenges, pain management, palliative care, and stress management. Upon completion, students are eligible for listing as a geriatric nurse aide with the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
Each class is limited to twelve (12) students who will be placed in their desired class on a first come, first served basis.
Tuition is $195.50. This does not include uniforms, criminal background checks, or drug screen expenses when they are required. Uniforms will be discussed during orientation to the class.
Geriatric Aide Requirements
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) > Applied Math = 3; Locating Information = 4; Reading for Information = 4
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform clinical responsibilities
- Completion of application process
- Copy of proof of Nurse Aide Registry
- Copy of Negative PPD to remain current through duration of clinical
Coordinator, Health Occupations
Office 223, Biotechnology Building, Rocky Mount Campus
(252) 823-5166, ext. 322