Candidates for admission must be graduates of a JRCERT approved Radiography Program in which they achieved a minimum 2.5 GPA on all courses included in the radiography curriculum. Applicants that are still enrolled in a radiography program must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on all curriculum courses through the fall term of their senior year. Candidates must also be certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or be ARRT eligible. All program participants must show evidence of ARRT certification to receive their MRI diploma.
Applicants must submit all documents listed in Step I by March 1st to:
ECC Admissions Office
225 Tarboro Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27801
Step I: Application Process
- Submit a completed ECC application for admission (online or hard copy).
- Submit a completed MRI program application.
- Submit official high school transcript or equivalency.
- Submit official transcript from a JRCERT approved Radiography Program that includes the fall semester of your senior year.
- Submit official transcripts supporting all other college courses.
- Submit verification of ARRT registration (if applicable).
The MRI program has a points based acceptance process. Applicants will be ranked based on the categories listed on the applicant points explanation sheet. In order to receive points in a category, applicants must send supporting documentation with the other documents required in Step I.
Step II: Acceptance
The number of students accepted each term will be determined by clinical space availability. The students with the most points will receive a card to accept or decline their position in the program. All other applicants that meet the minimum criteria will be notified that they have been placed on a waiting list. Students will continue to be selected from the waiting list until the program is full.
Students that receive an acceptance card will also receive a medical form. The acceptance card must be completed and returned within seven days. The medical form must be completed and returned by April 15th.