The following information and Web sites as well as contacting the college or university that interests you will assist with the college transfer process.
Please view this PDF to see the curriculum standards for the Associate in Arts and the Associate in Science degrees.
The North Carolina College Transfer Guide for Students is very helpful. Click here to view and print the guide.
Other Helpful Sites
Students interested in transferring to a four-year college or university should visit the North Carolina Community College System site or the College Foundation of North Carolina site for more information.
Students interested in transferring to one of the 16 public institutions of the UNC system should click here. Topics include:
- Minimum Course Requirements
- Online Application
- Online Course Catalogs
- Institutional Profiles
- Academic Majors
Interested in Education?
East Carolina University Wachovia Partnership East enables students to earn a bachelor’s degree by completing:
- General education courses at their local community college,
- Followed by ECU courses online or face-to-face at the Wachovia Partnership East hub site at Nash Community College.
Programs offered are:
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (K-6) with a K-12 Reading Licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education – General Curriculum with Reading Licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Middle Grades Education with Math-Science Concentrations
To obtain more information, please click here.
Click here to learn more about the Pre-Major Associate in Arts Articulation Agreement – Elementary Education.
Click here to learn more about the Pre-Major Associate in Arts Articulation Agreement – Middle Grades Education and Special Education.
Contact the four-year institution to which you would like to transfer for more information on financial aid. The College Foundation of North Carolina also is a good resource.
The Learning Resources Center (LRC) provides materials to help students when transferring to a four year institution. These materials include books on financial aid, four-year schools, careers, and writing college essays. Online resources such as Learning Express (test preparation) and PLATO (PRAXIS preparation) also are available. Contact any member of the LRC staff for help in finding information about a four year school.
ECC College Transfer Advisors
Contact an ECC College Transfer Advisor with additional questions:
- Phil Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org, Communication Instructor
- Carlene Bateman email@example.com, English Instructor
- Mike Blankenship firstname.lastname@example.org, Social Science Instructor
- Dr. Alma Bracete email@example.com, Biology/Chemistry Instructor
- Kimberly Cobb Cherry firstname.lastname@example.org, Social Science Department Chair
- Dr. Neil Jeansonne email@example.com, Biology Instructor
- Tom Killoran firstname.lastname@example.org, Math Department Chair
- Carole Mehle email@example.com, Advisor for Education Majors in Rocky Mount, English/Humanities Instructor
- Johanna Owens firstname.lastname@example.org, English Instructor
- Carolyn Winfree email@example.com, Math Instructor