Since its founding in 1967, Edgecombe Community College has been committed to fulfilling the education, training, and cultural needs of the Edgecombe County community and surrounding areas.
With campuses in Tarboro and Rocky Mount, the college serves about 13,000 individuals annually in its two-year degree, diploma, certificate, and continuing education programs. Excellent teaching and learning coupled with student achievement have characterized the college throughout its history.
In May 2013, for example, Edgecombe Community College received a national award for its efforts to prepare students to be successful in careers and the workplace.
2015 successes include:
- ECC awarded the largest number of credentials in college history to members of the Class of 2015, awarding 621 associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
- The college launched its new Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy in July 2015.
- The Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs received accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Though ACEN accreditation is not required, it demonstrates an institution’s heightened commitment to quality instruction.
- The Phi Theta Kappa student honor society won 17 regional awards and five international awards.
- ECC cosmetic arts graduates scored 100% on the North Carolina licensure exam. The perfect 100% pass rate was achieved by Cosmetology, Esthetics, and Barbering graduates.
In January 2016, health sciences students returned from holiday break to classes in the new Biotechnology and Medical Simulation Center on the Rocky Mount campus. The cornerstone of the new high-tech facility is a simulated hospital where students work in teams to assess and treat simulated patients.
Edgecombe Community College. Get more than an education. Get the Edge.